Swimming pools and spas
Find out about fencing and inspection requirements for pools and spas.
- Construct or install a swimming pool or spa
How to install a pool and the requirements of both property owners and contractors who are doing the work.
- Wading pools on residential properties
Fencing requirements, safety information and compliance certificates for backyard wading pools.
- Contractors and installers: requirements when installing a pool or spa
Find out the requirements for installing a pool or a spa in the Northern Territory.
- Get a compliance certificate or acknowledgement notice
How to get a compliance certificate for a swimming pool.
- Review of pool safety barrier decisions
What to do it you are unhappy with a pool barrier inspection.
- Swimming Pool Fencing Unit contacts
Pool Fencing Unit office locations and contact information.
- Covers and lids on spa pools
Requirements for spa safety lids, how to maintain lids and how to get a compliance certificate for a spa lid.
- Dividing fences and neighbouring properties
How to change or replace pool fencing.
- Requirements for pool safety barriers for properties 1.8 hectares or larger
How to get a pool barrier certified on a property larger than 1.8 hectares.
- About pool fencing and barrier safety standards
Information about pool and spa fencing standards in the Northern Territory.
- Replace or change pool fencing and barriers
Find out what you need to do if you want to change or replace your pool safety barrier.