Get sport vouchers for your child
Children living in an urban area will automatically receive two $100 sport vouchers each year from their school, one in January and one in July, for sport, recreation and cultural activities.
If your child is starting school for the first time or starting at a new school, you will not automatically receive a voucher. You will need to apply for one online.
Sport vouchers expire on 31 May each year.
The sport voucher scheme has closed for 2017/18.
Your first voucher for 2018/19 will be available at schools in late July. You can request new or replacement vouchers for the 2018/19 scheme from 6 August 2018.
How to use your voucher
When you have received your voucher you should follow all of these steps:
Step 1. Choose a registered activity provider from the Grants-Tracker website.
Step 2. Take the voucher to the registered activity provider.
Step 3. Get your voucher approved by the registered activity provider.
Step 4. Register your child with the activity provider.
Step 5. Use the voucher for your child's activity costs.
Where you can use vouchers
You can use sport vouchers in urban areas including all of the following:
- Alice Springs
- Darwin rural
- Tennant Creek.
What you can use vouchers for
You can use a sport voucher to pay for any of the following:
- after-school, weekend sport and school holiday recreation and cultural activities, including any or all of the following:
- special events
- registration and insurance
- membership fees
- a uniform for an activity your child is registered for that is purchased through the same activity provider including any or all of the following:
- team uniforms
- costumes for performances
- activity clothing
- equipment related to the program or activity your child is registered for when purchased through the same activity provider including all of the following:
- sports and recreation equipment
- instructional books
- music scores and scripts.
What you can't use a sport voucher for
You can't use a sport voucher for any of the following:
- activities or programs that are part of the school curriculum or during school hours
- after-school care services and tutors
- school-run activities
- travel to and from competitions
- to buy equipment or uniforms from a retailer
- multiple activity providers
- payments to activity providers who are not registered.
You can't get cash refunds for all or part of the value of the sport voucher. You can't transfer your voucher to another child.