Sport and active recreation grants: quick response

Grants of up to $10,000 are available to help organisations replace or repair damaged and or stolen facilities and equipment.

Grants can also be used to support Territorians representing Australia at recognised sporting events.

What you can apply for

You can apply for:

  • a minimum of $500
  • a maximum of $10,000.

Examples of items that can be funded under this grant are:

  • Replacing stolen equipment or to repair or replace damaged equipment due to fire, flood, storm or criminal activity
  • Funding to help you represent Australia in a pinnacle international event for your sport such as the Olympics, World Cup or Commonwealth Games
  • Funding to help you represent Australia at a non-elite event.

Who can apply


Organisations can apply for repair or replacement of damaged and or stolen facilities or equipment.

To be eligible, an organisation must be all of the following:

  • a sport or active recreation organisation based on the definition in the below program guidelines
  • based in the Northern Territory (NT)
  • currently registered as an incorporated body with Licensing NT or hold another comparable legal status
  • a not-for-profit organisation (exception for regional councils)
  • compliant with Licensing NT or other relevant authority
  • able to provide formal quotes for assessment.


Individuals can apply for funding to help them represent Australia in their chosen sport.

You must be able to demonstrate selection for Australian representation.

When to apply

Applications open on Wednesday 28 July 2021 and close on Tuesday 31 May 2022 or until funding runs out.


For help with your application, call 1800 045 678 or email

Last updated: 28 July 2021

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!