Sport and active recreation grants: urgent funding
Grants of up to $10,000 are available to help organisations meet unforeseeable equipment expenses and structural repairs.
Grants can also be used to support Territorians representing Australia at recognised sporting events.
What you can apply for
You can apply for:
- a minimum of $500
- a maximum of $10,000.
Examples of items that can be funded under this grant are:
- Repair or replacement to a damaged structural item that may have occupational health and safety implications, or cause financial hardship to the organisation.
- Funding to help you represent Australia in a pinnacle international event for your sport such as the Olympics, World Cup or Commonwealth Games.
Who can apply
Organisations can apply for repair or replacement of damaged and or stolen facilities or equipment.
To be eligible an organisation must be all of the following:
- a sport or active recreation organisation based on the definition in the below program guidelines
- based in the Northern Territory (NT)
- currently registered as an incorporated body with Licensing NT or hold another comparable legal status
- a not-for-profit organisation (exception for regional councils)
- compliant with Licensing NT or other relevant authority
- able to provide formal quotes for assessment.
Individuals can apply for funding to help them represent Australia in their chosen sport.
You must be able to demonstrate selection for Australian representation.
When to apply
Applications open on Monday 22 July 2019 and close on 31 May 2020 or until funding is exhausted.
Before you apply
Before applying you should read the program guidelines.
How to apply
Apply online at Grants NT.
Last updated: 21 February 2020
Share this page: