Sport and active recreation grants: urgent funding
Grants of up to $10,000 are available to help organisations replace or repair damaged and or stolen facilities and equipment.
Grants can also be used to support Territorians representing Australia at recognised sporting events.
What you can apply for
You can apply for:
- a minimum of $500
- a maximum of $10,000.
Examples of items that can be funded under this grant are:
- Replacing stolen equipment or to repair or replace damaged equipment due to fire, flood, storm or criminal activity
- Funding to help you represent Australia in a pinnacle international event for your sport such as the Olympics, World Cup or Commonwealth Games
- Funding to help you represent Australia at a non-elite event.
Who can apply
Organisations can apply for repair or replacement of damaged and or stolen facilities or equipment.
To be eligible, an organisation must be all of the following:
- a sport or active recreation organisation based on the definition in the below program guidelines
- based in the Northern Territory (NT)
- currently registered as an incorporated body with Licensing NT or hold another comparable legal status
- a not-for-profit organisation (exception for regional councils)
- compliant with Licensing NT or other relevant authority
- able to provide formal quotes for assessment.
Individuals can apply for funding to help them represent Australia in their chosen sport.
You must be able to demonstrate selection for Australian representation.
When to apply
Applications open on Monday 13 July 2020 and close on Monday 31 May 2021 or until funding runs out.
How to apply
Read the guidelines documents and apply online at the GrantsNT website.
Last updated: 14 July 2020
Share this page: