Transition from school services
This page has information on the support available for students with a disability when they leave school to go to further education, employment or community access programs.
Support at school
Under the transition from school program your child can obtain help with:
- exploring and planning pathways into adult life
- connecting with services and agencies in their community or region
- information and support through the transition
- access to meaningful supported work experience programs in Darwin, Palmerston and Alice Springs
- educational work experiences and enterprise activities aligned with post school pathways in remote areas.
The support is provided through your child's school and is tailored to your child's needs.
How to get support
The transition process can begin once your child reaches Year 9 or 14 years of age.
Talk to your child's teacher or you can contact school support services for more information:
- phone: (08) 8944 9335
- email: email@example.com.
Last updated: 04 February 2019
Share this page: