School psychology services
This page has information on the support school psychologists provide to students and their families.
School psychologists provide support to students and their families across the whole school, to groups and to individuals with severe learning, behavioural, social and emotional needs.
Support at school
The support provided by school psychologists include the following:
- assessing students’ intellectual and academic strengths and weaknesses
- assessing students’ social, emotional and behavioural development
- consultation with teachers and parents regarding the outcomes and implications of assessment
- advice on educational adjustments
- liaising with relevant community based professionals concerning the social/emotional wellbeing of students and their families
- providing whole class programs for students, including interpersonal communication, social skills, relaxation, problem solving and goal setting
- providing expertise following critical incidents or traumatic events at school.
How to get support
To access school psychology services talk to your child's teacher or contact school support services by either:
- phone: (08) 8944 9320
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to the following websites for more information on social and emotional learning and mental health programs in the Northern Territory:
Last updated: 27 July 2015
Share this page:URL copied!