Early childhood intervention services
This page has information on early childhood intervention (ECI) to support the development and learning needs of young children from birth to 6 years who have a disability or developmental delay.
ECI advisors provide planned provision of specialist services to support you and your child to maximise their development and learning.
The ECI advisor will work with you and your child in any of the following settings:
- Family Day Care
- childcare centre
ECI advisors can provide all of the following:
- identifying and assessing your child's needs
- information on specific disabilities
- working directly with your child during observation and assessment visits
- information on support and disability services
- participating in educational adjustment plan meetings or review meetings at the request of you or your child's school
- planning your child's entry into preschool and transition classes.
How to get support
You can refer your child directly to the service, or your child's doctor, teacher, therapists, community health professionals or child care provider can refer your child with your consent.
You will be asked to sign the parent consent authority.
Talk to your child's teacher or childcare provider or contact school support services by either:
- Phone: (08) 8944 9394
- Email: Sesupport.firstname.lastname@example.org
Early intervention services are also provided by Carpentaria Disability Services.
Go to the Carpentaria Disability Services website for more information.
Last updated: 04 October 2016