Autism spectrum disorder services
This page has information on the support available at school if your child has autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or social communication disorder (SCD).
Support at school
ASD advisors can assist in developing support strategies for your child to maximise their educational outcomes.
ASD advisors can provide all of the following:
- developing whole school approaches to supporting your child with ASD and SCD
- professional development opportunities for parents and staff
- assistance with adjustments to the teaching and learning program based on your child's needs
- advice on making adjustments to your child's environment at school
- advice on goals and support strategies in education adjustment plans and transition plans for your child
- information about ASD and SCD and access to external support organisations
- advice on tailored lessons supporting your child and their peers.
How to get support
Talk to your child's teacher or contact school support services by either:
- phone: (08) 8944 9341
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to the following websites for more information about autism:
Last updated: 03 August 2018