Employing prisoners in your business
Benefits for prisoners
The program benefits prisoners in the following ways:
- provides an opportunity to integrate and adjust to community life prior to release
- promotes positive workplace behaviour
- boosts self-esteem
- supports prisoners to continue in employment once they are released from prison
- renews community ties and develops new social relationships
- helps prisoners to take responsibility for their behaviour
- helps prisoners to financially support their family and dependents
- helps prisoners to manage personal debt, including payment of fines and infringements.
Last updated: 03 June 2015
Share this page:URL copied!