Host unpaid workers on your community project
Some court orders require unpaid work to be carried out on community projects.
These projects are hosted by approved charities, non-profit organisations or community groups in the Northern Territory.
Work may include:
- gardening, repairs and maintenance tasks for community facilities
- any other support to deliver an organisation’s services to the community.
If your organisation is eligible, you can apply to become an approved host.
Who can apply
You can apply to host unpaid workers on your community project if you’re a charity, non-profit organisation or community group.
Your project must:
- be for the benefit of the community
- promote and enhance employment skills
- include all the necessary equipment and machinery
- provide a site supervisor who can give guidance and support in a safe working environment
- not take work away from paid employment opportunities
- not be demeaning or degrading in nature.
For more information, read the community work project guidelines and agreement.
How to apply
To apply or for more information, contact your nearest community work coordinator below.
- Darwin – call 08 8922 6501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katherine – call 08 8973 8743 or email email@example.com
- Tennant Creek – call 08 8962 4466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alice Springs - call 08 8951 5631 or email email@example.com.
Last updated: 21 June 2022
Share this page:URL copied!