After a mineral title has been granted


The type of mineral title granted will govern what you have to do to comply with the conditions and requirements of the title.

There are some common requirements that may apply including:

In the case of an extractive mineral exploration licence there is no requirement to pay ongoing rent, administration fees or lodge reports. There is no provision to renew this type of title either.

Council or Shire rates

Titles that do not relate to exploration may be assessed for Local Council or Shire rates after grant. 

To be assessable for rates a title must also have an authorisation granted under the Mining Management Act. 

Contact your local government office for more information.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 18 November 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.