Liquor and hospitality
Licences, trading hours, serving alcohol, food business responsibilities, alcohol and smoking laws.
- Accommodation businesses
Register or renew commercial visitor accommodation businesses, including information on private water supplies and fees.
- Buying an existing food business
Information about buying an existing food business, including registering, licences and permits.
- Register or renew a food business
How to register or renew a food business.
- Food business registration fees
Fees to register or renew your food business.
- Food safety and regulations
Information about food safety and regulations for businesses in the Northern Territory.
- Private water supplies in food businesses
How to keep drinking water safe from private water supplies in food businesses.
- Risk classification in food businesses
How food businesses are classified depending on food safety risks.
- Adult entertainment in licensed premises
Information for liquor licensed venues about adult entertainment rules and restrictions.
- Camera surveillance in licensed premises
Guidelines for camera surveillance requirements for licensed premises, including camera surveillance plans, access to recordings and approved installers.
- Make changes to licensed premises
How to get approval to make material alterations to licensed premises.
- List of NT licensed premises
Search a database of all licensed premises in the Northern Territory. Search by region, licencee, licence number or category.
- Outlaw motorcycle gangs and your liquor licence
Information for licensed premises about outlaw motorcycle gang laws.
- Prevent and report drink spiking
Information for liquor licence holders about drink spiking on their premises, including staff responsibilities.
- Promote alcohol responsibly
Information for liquor licence holders about alcohol promotion laws, including low alcohol beer promotions, alcohol in non-standard measures and drink cards.
- Christmas and New Year trading
Christmas and New Year trading restrictions affect licensed premises in the Northern Territory. Find out how to stay compliant.
- Apply to be restricted licensed premises
How to apply to restrict all or part of a licensed venue.
- Apply for an Alcohol Secure grant
Apply for funding to improve the security of alcohol at your licensed premises.
- Apply for a liquor licence
You need a licence to sell alcohol in the Northern Territory. Find out what you need to do to apply for a liquor licence.
- Licence to sell alcohol at functions
Information for residents about how to apply for a special liquor licence to sell alcohol at functions. Apply for a one-off licence or a continuing licence.
- Advertise a liquor licence application
If you want to apply for a liquor licence you need to advertise before you apply. Find out what you need to do and where to advertise.
- Liquor licence fees
You have to pay a fee when you submit a liquor-related application, registration or renewal. Find out how much you have to pay.
- Apply to permanently change liquor licence conditions
How to permanently change liquor licence conditions in the Northern Territory.
- Transfer a liquor licence
Instructions for how to transfer a liquor licence, including identifying a nominee.
- Change a liquor licence nominee
Information for licensed premises about how to change a liquor licence nominee, including nominee requirements.
- Apply to temporarily change liquor licence conditions
How to temporarily change your liquor licence conditions.
- Wholesaler liquor registration
How to register as a liquor wholesaler, renew registration and do quarterly reports.
- Serve alcohol responsibly
Who needs a responsible service of alcohol (RSA) certificate, and how to get one.
- Alcohol photo ID system: Alice Springs and Katherine
Information for businesses about the alcohol photo ID system in Alice Springs and Katherine.
- Fake or false ID
Information for liquor licence holders about how to identify fake or false ID, fake ID laws and what to do when you seize a fake or false ID.
- Drunk patrons in licensed premises
Information for liquor licence holders and licensed venues about selling and supplying alcohol to drunk persons.
- Children working or employed in licensed premises
Liquor licence holders can apply to employ children aged over 14 years and nine months in exceptional cases.
- Sunday takeaway alcohol
There are restrictions that affect when Northern Territory businesses can sell takeaway alcohol, including on Sundays.
- Golf club events and alcohol
Find out about how golf clubs can apply to vary their liquor licence conditions for a special event.
- Liquor tasting
Who can hold a liquor tasting, how liquor licences affect liquor tasting and rules about giveaways and food.
- Water quality at public events
Quality and amount of drinking water needed for audiences at public events or mass gatherings.
- Liquor offences for businesses
If you break liquor laws you will have to pay a fine or go to jail. Find out about offences, maximum penalties and who is accountable.
- Local Liquor Accords
Local Liquor Accords (LLA) is a voluntary agreement on the management or conduct of local businesses that supply alcohol.
- Smoking laws and businesses
Information for businesses about where smoking is permitted, smoke-free policies and non-smoking signs.
- Responsible promotion of alcohol Code of Practice
Acceptable and unacceptable practices related to promoting alcohol.