Notify Environmental Health of a public event
If you're hosting a public event in the Northern Territory, you must must meet certain public health and food safety requirements.
Read more about public health and food safety at events.
When to notify
You should notify Environmental Health of your public event if it:
- is likely to need more toilets, showers and other facilities at the site or
- will have temporary or mobile food vendors at your event.
What you need
You will need to provide the following information:
- event coordinator contact details
- event and site details
- list of all food operators
- copy of your event site plan
- copy of your event risk management plan (if applicable).
How to notify
Estimated completion time: 20 minutes.
After you notify
An Environmental Health officer will review your notification within 30 days from when you submit.
These officers can provide you with guidance to meet public health and food safety requirements.
Officers may complete an inspection before or during the event and will provide any advice or directions to ensure you comply.
Find your local Environmental Health office on the NT Health website.
Last updated: 21 July 2022
Share this page:URL copied!