Food business registration fees

The fees for registering or renewing a food business depends on the risk classification of your food business.

Read more about risk classifications in food businesses.



How to pay

You must pay your fee to the Receiver of Territory Monies (RTM).

By phone

You can pay by MasterCard, Bankcard or Visa credit card.

You will need to provide all of the following:

  • fee category - for eg: public health
  • fee in dollar value
  • your name
  • name of premises
  • your email address

You will then be emailed the receipt and tax invoice.

Once the card payment has been made you should mail or submit the completed application in person, including a copy of the receipt or tax invoice to your nearest Environmental Health Office.

By mail

You should submit your application to the nearest RTM and include a cheque or money oirder made out to the RTM.

Your application will be forwarded with the receipt/tax invoice to the nearest Environment Health Office.

In person

You can take your application and pay at your nearest RTM by:

  • cash
  • cheque made out to the RTM
  • credit card.

The RTM will forward your application and receipt/tax invoice to the nearest Environmental Health Office.

Find your nearest RTM office.

Last updated: 30 July 2019


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.