Environment protection, recycling and waste
- Environmental impact assessments
Northern Territory Environment Protection Authority environment impact assessments.
- Environment performance agreements and plans
The NT Environment Protection Authority's performance agreements and compliance plans for environment protection.
- Notice to stop pollution
A pollution abatement notice or notice to stop pollution is given by the Northern Territory Environment Protection Authority to stop environmental pollution.
- Plastic bag ban
Ban on plastic bags in Northern Territory shops.
- Report pollution
Contact pollution hotline for major and non-urgent pollution incidents, problems and complaints.
- Waste and pollution publications
Northern Territory Environment Protection Authority standards and guidelines for waste and pollution.
- Report a biosecurity threat
How to report unusual pests, including invasive animals, weeds and imported goods that may pose a threat to the NT environment.
- Apply, renew or amend a waste discharge licence
How to get a water discharge licence.
- Environment protection approvals and licences
Activities you need environment protection approval or licences for.
- Environment approvals and licences
The Northern Territory Environment Protection Authority (NT EPA) grants environment protection approvals, environment protection licences and waste discharge licences.
- Dispose of septic tank and grease trap waste
Information for contractors wanting to dispose of septage or grease trap waste.