About emergency services
Fire and emergency
The Northern Territory Fire and Rescue Service is the main provider of fire, rescue and other emergency services in the NT.
The service has staff working in Alice Springs, Darwin, Jabiru, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Nhulunbuy and Yulara, as well as part-time workers and auxiliary or supporting staff.
Work undertaken by the service includes:
- helping at road accidents
- cleaning up chemical spills
- helping at industrial accidents
- putting out structure fires
- putting out grass and bushfires
- investigating the cause of fire
- building and plan inspections
- teaching people about fire safety.
There are also many behind-the-scenes staff that provide services including:
- strategic planning
- fire safety
- hazard abatement
- community education
- fire investigation
- fire alarm monitoring
- firefighter training
- operations support and administration.
To find out more visit the Northern Territory Fire and Rescue Service website.
Last updated: 05 February 2019
Share this page: