Primary producer discount and pastoral vehicle permits
About the primary producer registration discount
What you get
The discount includes:
- a 50% discount on your vehicle registration fee each time you register
- a one-off stamp duty exemption when registering a new vehicle for the first time.
The discount does not apply to the compulsory third party insurance, administrative fees or vehicle inspection fee.
Vehicles you can register
You can only register a work vehicle that:
- will be exclusively used by you in association with your business
- is an approved type of vehicle.
An approved type of vehicle includes trailers, goods and plant-type vehicles such as a tractor or grader.
You can't claim the concession for vehicles that are:
- used for personal use
- or offered for any commercial enterprise to any other person or organisation including transporting another primary producer's product for a fee.
Find out if you are eligible for primary producer registration concession and stamp duty exemption.
Definition of primary producer
A primary producer is an individual, trust or company carrying on a primary production business alone or in a partnership.
For information on the definition of a primary producer, go to the Australian Tax Office website.
Last updated: 17 August 2017
Share this page:URL copied!