Concession cards you can use at MVR

The Motor Vehicle Registry recognises two types of concession cards:

1. A valid Northern Territory concession card.

2. A valid Northern Territory Seniors Card.

The concession card and Seniors Card must be an NT issued card. Interstate or Commonwealth concession cards will not be accepted by the MVR.

It is your responsibility to check that your NT concession card is valid with the Department of Health.

What you can use your concession cards for

The above cards provide you with financial assistance for any of the following:

  • registration on your vehicle
  • driver licence renewal
  • apply for an evidence of age card.

Conditions for using a concession card at the MVR

If you have both types of concession cards

You can use an NT concession card together with the Seniors Card.

Registration and concession cards

You can use a concession card to register cars, motorcycles or motorised trikes, trucks and buses (private use only) and motorised wheelchairs.

You can only use a seniors card to register cars, motorcycles, or motorised trikes under 4.5 tonnes.

You can't use your concession cards when registering a vehicle over 4.5 tonnes, a trailer, caravan or tractor.

Your vehicle must be must be registered by you as the concession card holder.

Concession cards and jointly-owned vehicles

You can only use one person's concession card to receive a discount on your registration - even if both owners hold a concession card.

Driver licence renewals and concession cards

If you have a valid NT concession card, you are entitled to a free driver licence renewal.

Evidence of age card renewals and concession cards

If you have a valid NT concession card, you are entitled to a free evidence of age card.

Last updated: 04 September 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.