NT Pensioner and Carer Concession Scheme

About the scheme

Available concessions

As a member you can receive concessions on a range of cost of living expenses including:

  • electricity - on-grid, off-grid, pre-paid tokens and e-token meters
  • water rates
  • sewerage rates
  • property rates
  • garbage collection charges
  • motor vehicle registration
  • driver licences
  • spectacles
  • interstate and overseas travel.

Other concessions are also available including stamp duty for first home buyers and the Seniors Card, which is issued free and provides access to savings on a range of goods and services from participating businesses.

Find out more information on the Seniors Card.

For stamp duty concessions go to the Department of Treasury and Finance website or call 1300 305 353.


You are eligible for concessions if you are a permanent resident of the NT and receive an eligible Department of Human Services or Centrelink benefit or hold an eligible Department of Veterans' Affairs concession card.

For more information and to find out if you are eligible go to eligibility for a concession.

How to apply

To apply for the scheme go to how to apply.

Travel concessions have additional criteria - read more about travel concessions.

Membership rights and responsibilities

All members of the scheme have rights and responsibilities to make sure the scheme meets its goals and provides benefits for everyone. 

You should familiarise yourself with your rights and responsibilities to make sure you get the most out of your membership.

Read members' rights and responsibilities.

Appeal a decision

If you're not happy with the service you've received or with a decision we've taken regarding your membership or an application for a concession you can make a complaint or lodge an appeal.

For more information read the guide to giving feedback, making a complaint or appealing a decision.

Guide to giving feedback, making a complaint or appealing a decision (527.0 kb)
Guide to giving feedback, making a complaint or appealing a decision (62.5 kb)

Change of circumstances

If your eligibility status changes and you no longer receive benefits from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans' Affairs, you must tell the Pensioner and Carer Concession Unit by calling toll free 1800 777 704.

If your details change, including a change in address, you must fill in the change of details and address form.

Change of details and address form (789.2 kb)
Change of details and address form (61.5 kb).

You can submit the form by post, email or in person to the Pensioner and Carer Concession Unit.

If you do not tell the unit when your eligibility status changes you may need to return any funds paid to you in error.

Deceased members

If your spouse or partner was a member of the concession scheme and has died you may be eligible for concessions. 

For more information read the deceased member guidelines.

Deceased member guidelines (505.0 kb)
Deceased member guidelines (41.1 kb).

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 08 November 2017


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.