Birthing services in Central Australia
Childbirth education classes
Pregnant women can attend free childbirth education classes at the Alice Springs Hospital midwives clinic.
- pregnancy and healthy food
- pregnancy assessments
- tests and genetic testing in pregnancy
- how labour starts, managing early labour at home
- when to go to hospital in labour
- normal labour and active birth
- water birth
- pain management options
- variations to normal labour
- first days with the new baby
- general recovery after birth
- parenting support
- what to take to hospital.
How to book
Phone the midwives clinic on (08) 8951 7620 or (08) 8951 7621.
Birth and Beyond Parent Resource Centre
The Birth and Beyond Parent Resource Centre provides women and families with information, support and education for pregnancy, birth and early parenting.
- birth classes
- DVD collection
- community newsletter
- breast pump hire
- weekly information sessions
- meetings with other parents.
There is a fee for the Birth and Beyond classes.
Last updated: 20 March 2020
Share this page: