Alice Springs Hospital
Volunteers at Alice Springs Hospital
Volunteers from many businesses and organisations in Alice Springs make up the Alice Springs Hospital Drovers Volunteer Service.
Drovers visit the hospital wards to help make patients and their families comfortable and help visitors find their way around the hospital.
They do many tasks, including:
- supplying books, magazines, puzzles, reading glasses, pencils and other reading material to help patients pass the time
- providing tea and coffee most mornings to patients in the emergency department
- entertaining children in the paediatric ward to give parents a break
- organising hairdressers
- running small errands for patients who are far from the support of family and friends
- reading to patients
- washing patient's clothes
- receive donations of rugs and beanies for patients.
If you are interested in becoming a drover contact The Drovers Volunteer Service:
Phone: 0458 973 653
Last updated: 06 February 2019