Home owner assistance

You may be eligible to get financial help to build or buy a home in the Northern Territory (NT).

There are a range of government grants, concessions or rebates available.

Read below for more information

Stamp duty exemption: house and land packages

If you're buying a house and land package in the Northern Territory (NT), you may be eligible for an exemption on stamp duty through the House and Land Package Exemption.

Current grants

First home owner grant (FHOG)

The grant allows you to get a $10,000 grant to buy or build a new home in the Northern Territory.

Read more about FHOG.

Household goods grant scheme (HGGS)

The grant allows you to get up to $2,000 to buy household goods.

Read more about HGGS.

Home renovation grant

The grant allows you to get up to $10,000 to renovate your home.

Read more about the home renovation grant.

HomeBuild Access

This provides an opportunity to access low deposit home loan options for new-built homes or for you to buy vacant land and build your own home.

Read more about HomeBuild Access.

There are currently no grants available.

Last updated: 01 July 2022

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!