Certain areas within the Northern Territory are declared building control areas.

To construct in a building control area, you must have a building permit and meet the standards for building in the National Construction Code and Building Regulations.

For more information contact Building Advisory Services.

Check if you are in a building control area

Use the Northern Territory Government's online tool to check if your land is in a building control area.

A list of building control areas and maps of the areas are available here.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 28 November 2017