Cutta Cutta Caves Nature Park
A visit to the Cutta Cutta Caves is a very special experience in the Top End.
Inside the caves you may see sparkling limestone formations of stalactites and stalagmites and five different species of bats including the rare ghost and leaf-nosed bats.
It's also possible that you'll see a harmless brown tree snake coiled on a cave ledge.
Guided tours of the caves run on the hour and are operated by Nitmiluk Tours.
From May to October, tours start at 9am and the last tour of the caves is 3pm. In November there are only two tours, at 9am and 10am. From December to April there are no tours.
For tour bookings and prices go to the Nitmiluk Tours website.
You can always do the short Tropical Savanna Walk while you wait, and discover some of the local plant life and how they survive in the harsh Top End climate. The walk takes around 10 to 20 minutes.
From May to October, the park is open daily from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
During November, the park is open from 8:30am to 11:30am.
Between December and April the park and caves are closed due to rains flooding the area.
Closed Christmas Day.
Take the Stuart Highway 30km south of Katherine.
You can do all of the following activities at the park:
- cave exploring
- guided tours.
Cutta Cutta Caves Nature Park has all of the following facilities:
- information signs
- drinking water
- public toilets
- picnic area
- walking tracks.
When visiting the park, remember all of the following:
- put your rubbish in the bin or take it with you
- cave tours are guided, you should not enter the caves without a guide
- do not touch or damage the cave formations
- stay on the walking tracks
- cultural items and wildlife are protected
- pets are not permitted in the park
- nets, traps and firearms are not permitted
- check that your vehicle is not transporting pests like weeds and cane toads.
You can have a safe and comfortable trip to Cutta Cutta Caves by doing all of the following:
- observe park safety signs
- carry and drink plenty of water
- wear a hat, sunscreen and insect repellent
- carry a first aid kit
- avoid strenuous activity during the heat of the day.
Nitmiluk Tours: 1300 146 743.
Last updated: 04 December 2018