Isolated students education allowance

The isolated students education allowance is provided to your child's host boarding facility for access to well-supervised educational opportunities including homework supervision, and for recreational and social development.

The allowance is not a provision to offset the cost of boarding accommodation.

Conditions of the scheme

You may be eligible for a maximum of $3145 per annum per child in 2015 (subject to CPI adjustment each year).

Who can apply

The allowance is for your child if they are enrolled full-time in an Northern Territory (NT) primary and secondary school and board away from home.  

You must be in receipt of AIC assistance (excluding students in receipt of a distance education allowance).

You and your child must live in the NT.

If you are in receipt of an ABSTUDY grant or Centrelink Private Boarding Allowance you can't apply for this scheme.

How to apply

You do not need to apply, the allowance is paid to your child's host boarding facility in two instalments in Semester 1 and 2 after satisfactory enrolment checks have been completed.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 03 August 2018

Back to top