Career advice for school students

Your child can get help at school with career options and practical work experience with a local employer.

Career advisors and Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (NTCET) coordinators can provide assistance and information on the following:

  • subject selection
  • work experience
  • vocational education and training (VET), apprenticeships and traineeships
  • university and higher education
  • career options
  • career pathways.

Find out more about careers and employment

For more information about VET, go to the Australian Government's Skills website.


Your child can talk to their NTCET coordinator or a career advisor about career planning and practical work experience.

Appointments with a career advisor can be made at your child's school.

Last updated: 06 February 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.