Freedom of information

How to lodge your request

You must make your freedom of information (FOI) request to the government department, agency or local council that holds the information you seek.

Only that particular department, agency or council can process your request.

NT Government

For a list of Northern Territory Government agencies and how to lodge your request with them, go to the Office of the Information Commissioner NT website.

On the website, scroll down to the Public Sector list to find the agency or department you want.

Local government

To lodge a request with a regional council, you must contact them directly.

You can find contact details for local government on the Office of the Information Commissioner NT website.

Scroll down to the City Councils and Shire Councils lists.

For more information about councils, go to the Local Government Association of the Northern Territory website.

In remote areas

In remote areas you can lodge your FOI request at your nearest police station.

The application will be sent via the NT Police Peter McAulay Centre in Berrimah to the relevant government organisation.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 02 September 2020

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!