What you need to lodge a request
You can submit your freedom of information requests to a government department, organisation or local council by:
- written letter - this can be a letter or email
- or by filling in the application form relevant to your request listed below.
Request in writing
For an application to be valid and processed it must:
- specify your name and an address for correspondence
- include sufficient details to identify the information
- include proof of your identity - eg: the organisation sighting or receiving a copy of your driver licence or similar document - to find out more about proof of identity go to the Office of the Information Commissioner website
- be accompanied by the application fee (if applicable).