Report sexual assault

If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted you should call the police.

You should call 000 if any of the following apply:

  • a life is being threatened
  • a person is in danger of being injured again
  • property is being threatened
  • it is a domestic or family violence incident.

You can also call 131 444 to talk to a police operator. This is a 24-hour hotline.

If you don’t want to call police

You can use the following contacts if you don't want to talk to the police.

Contact a sexual assault help centre

You can call the national sexual assault information and support 24-hour hotline on 1800 737 732 or go to the 1800 Respect website.

This website also lists the contact details for organisations in the Northern Territory (NT) that provide support for sexual assault.

Contact Crime Stoppers

You can report information that may help solve a crime to Crime Stoppers by:

You don’t need to give your name or address and you can remain anonymous.

Last updated: 28 May 2015

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!