Domestic violence orders
How to apply for a domestic violence order
If you are in immediate danger of injury through violence, you should call the police on 000.
The police make an order without having to apply to the court.
If you are not in immediate danger, you can apply to the Local Court in writing.
It is free to apply for a domestic violence order.
You will need to explain to the court:
- why you believe someone will commit domestic violence against you
- and give examples of what they have said or done.
How to apply
1. Complete one of the following applications:
- if you are over 18 years old - application for a domestic violence order
- if you are between 15 and 18 years old - application for a domestic violence order by a young person
2. Submit your application to the criminal registry at the Local Court.
Last updated: 01 May 2016
Share this page: