Domestic violence orders
Personal violence order
A personal violence order (PVO) is a protection order made against someone you are not in a domestic relationship with.
You can apply for a personal violence order against any of the following people:
- work colleagues
- personal and professional associations.
It can stop someone from:
- contacting you
- using violence against you
- causing damage to your property, including injury or death to animals
- threatening to use violence against you
- stalking or harassing you.
How to apply for a personal violence order
1. You must fill in the personal violence order form .
2. Submit your form to the criminal registry at the Local Court.
Last updated: 01 May 2016
Share this page:URL copied!