Domestic violence orders

Personal violence order

A personal violence order (PVO) is a protection order made against someone you are not in a domestic relationship with.

You can apply for a personal violence order against any of the following people: 

  • neighbours
  • work colleagues
  • personal and professional associations.

It can stop someone from:

  • contacting you
  • using violence against you
  • causing damage to your property, including injury or death to animals
  • threatening to use violence against you
  • stalking or harassing you.

How to apply for a personal violence order

1. You must fill in the personal violence order form DOCX (15.3 KB).

2. Submit your form to the criminal registry at the Local Court.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 01 May 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.