Golf club events and alcohol
A golf club in the Northern Territory (NT) can apply for a temporary liquor licence variation for a special event.
Special event conditions
If you are granted a temporary liquor licence variation for a special event, you must ensure that:
- the event does not start before 7am
- food is available to patrons during the variation period
- takeaway liquor is purchased from the golf club and consumed on the golf course area in closed containers
- limit of six cans, stubbies or other containers or alcohol per sale
- staff are trained in the responsible service of alcohol
- the applicant details the nature of the event and the charity to be supported (if applicable)
- early trading hours for alcohol are not advertised.
How to apply for a licensing variation
You need to fill in an application for a club function form.
Submit your application to the relevant region.
Northern region premises can send their forms in either of the following ways:
- email to LRASComplianceDWN.DOB@nt.gov.au
- fax to (08) 8999 7498.
Southern region premises can send their forms in either of the following ways:
- email to LRASComplianceASP.DOB@nt.gov.au
- fax to (08) 8951 5112.
Last updated: 28 November 2017