Animal welfare

Permits to work in research program

Licence and permit information for animal

Organisations that conduct teaching or research programs involving animals must have a licence to do so.

Find out about applying for a licence.

If you are working in a program such as this you need a permit from the relevant ethics committee unless you are assisting someone who does have a permit.

You can be prosecuted if you conduct a teaching or research program  without a permit.

Find out about applying for a permit.

Find out more about the permit application process.

Animal ethics committees

The ethics committee is responsible for managing licence and permit applications.

Animal ethics committees can use this electronic template.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 01 June 2022

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!