Animal Welfare Fund grant program
Northern Territory (NT) not-for-profit organisations that work in animal welfare can apply for a grant of up to $50,000.
Applications for the 2019 funding round are closed.
The program provides funding for projects that:
- improve animal wellbeing
- raise community awareness of animal welfare responsibilities
- help promote and improve animal management practice, particularly in remote communities.
You can apply for a grant if your organisation:
- is legally registered and operates in the NT
- is a registered not-for-profit incorporated body, co-operative or association
- meets the Animal Welfare Fund definition of an animal welfare organisation.
Who can't apply
Individuals, private groups and NT government agencies including government schools can't apply.
If you are a local government council or unincorporated body you can only apply if you partner with a not-for-profit organisation.
You will be notified by mail of the outcome of your application.
If you are successful
If you are successful you will receive an Animal Welfare Fund grant funding agreement.
You must sign this agreement and return it to the Animal Welfare Branch before you receive your grant.
You must start your project within three months of signing the funding agreement.
Acquit your funding
You must also acquit grant funding. Acquitting a grant means accurately accounting for funding.
You will receive a grant acquittal form with your funding agreement and letter of offer.
When to acquit funding
You must fill in the grant acquittal form and submit it within 30 days of the approved completion date of your project.
Last updated: 17 December 2019