Yuendumu is located 290 kilometres north-west of Alice Springs on the Tanami Highway, with a population of 875 residents.
2017 jobs profile
The 2017 profile highlights:
- there were 204 filled jobs, of which:
- 112 jobs (55%) were filled by Aboriginal peoples, a decrease of 28 jobs from 2014
- 92 jobs (45%) were filled by non-Aboriginal peoples, an increase of three jobs from 2014
- 35% of employed Aboriginal peoples are working in the private sector
- Aboriginal peoples accounted for 55% of job holders in the town compared to 61% in 2014
- Aboriginal females made up 40% of total Aboriginal filled jobs in the town compared to 47% in 2014
- there were 44 vacant jobs, of which:
- job vacancies as a percentage of jobs increased to 18% in 2017 from 10% in 2014
- job vacancies equate to one in six jobs
- 19 of the vacancies were in community and personal service workers areas.
- Education and training was the largest industry employer in 2017.
- Arts and recreation services had the highest increase in filled jobs between 2017 and 2014 of 27.
- Health care and social assistance and public administration and safety had the highest decrease in filled jobs between 2017 and 2014 of 32 and 31 respectively.
- Training had an overall increase in student numbers across the three survey periods.
- Community services, health and education had the highest student numbers in 2016 of 73.
- Engineering and mining had the highest increase in student numbers between 2016 and 2013 of 65.
- Primary industry had the highest decrease in student numbers between 2016 and 2013 of 13.
Read the full 2017 job profile report for Yuendumu.
Past job profiles
The community workplace planning guide consists of tools and resources to assist service providers to overcome workforce challenges in remote Aboriginal communities. Find out more about remote community workforce plans.
The community workplace planning guide can be used with the workforce planning template for Yuendumu . This template is populated with data from the 2014 remote town job profiles.
Last updated: 07 November 2018
Share this page:URL copied!