Replace your damaged, lost or stolen number plates

If your number plates have been damaged, defaced, lost or stolen, you can do one of the following:

  • apply to have your number plates remade - you will receive an exact copy
  • apply for a new set of general issue plates.

If you are not the registered owner of the vehicle, you will need to present an authorisation letter.

Fees vary depending on what you need to do. Check number plate fees.

How to replace your plates

Read below on how to replace your plates.

Last updated: 12 August 2020

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!