Bus safety

Passenger information about reporting an incident on a bus, camera surveillance and rules for carrying fireworks on buses.

Report a bus incident

To report an incident on a bus, at a bus interchange, stop or shelter call a transit officer on 0457 507 558.

Transit officers work during the hours the bus network is operating.

If you need to report an incident outside of these hours, call the police on 131 444.

Security officers also patrol at the Casuarina, Darwin and Palmerston bus interchanges and the Woolworths bus stop on Cavenagh Street from mid-afternoon to network close, seven days a week.

CCTV cameras on buses and interchanges

CCTV cameras operate on all public buses, bus interchanges and park and ride facilities.

Customer feedback or complaints about CCTV systems can be made using an online feedback form on the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics (DIPL) website.

For more information, read the public and school bus CCTV systems policy on the DIPL website.

Carry fireworks on buses

There are rules you must follow if you want to carry fireworks on a bus.

Fireworks can be dangerous if they are not handled safely.

If you carry fireworks on a bus, you must keep them sealed in the box you bought them in.

You must not carry individual fireworks on board.

For more information, read the carriage of fireworks on buses policy on the DIPL website.

Last updated: 23 January 2020

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!