Become a transit officer
Transit officers work in the Northern Territory's (NT) public bus system.
A transit officer can remove people from a bus, bus stop or interchange, and issue on-the-spot fines.
Read more about the role of a transit officer.
Before you apply
Transit officers are required to meet all of the following:
- hold a current unrestricted C or C-A class driver licence
- hold a current working with children clearance
- hold a current first aid certificate
- wear a uniform
- work shift hours including public holidays
- work under pressure and be a reliable team member
- deal with difficult passengers, provide conflict management and undertake an enforcement role with non-compliant passengers.
The approval process includes all of the following:
- a criminal history and traffic offence check
- aptitude testing
- psychometric testing
- an interview
- a medical examination.
How to apply
To check and apply for transit officer positions, go to the Careers in Government website.
Last updated: 17 February 2020