- Apply to substitute a multi-purpose taxi
This page includes details on how taxi operators can apply to substitute a multi-purpose taxi with a standard taxi for an approved period.
- Aviation and airports
Find out about Northern Territory airports including links to policy information and airport websites.
- Become a transit officer
This page includes information on the role of safety transit officers on the NT public bus system and how you can apply to become a transit officer.
- Become a driving instructor
Find out what you need to do to become a driving instructor for light vehicles and heavy vehicles in the NT, or get your interstate qualifications recognised.
- Commercial passenger vehicle criminal history check
How to get a National Police Certificate (criminal history check) if you're applying to be a taxi or commercial passenger vehicle driver, owner or operator.
- Commercial passenger vehicle information bulletins and forms
Standard conditions and application forms which apply to all commercial passenger vehicle registrations.
- Communications and dispatch networks
Learn the requirements you need to follow to operate a communications and dispatch network for a taxi or commercial passenger vehicle business.
- Driving a commercial passenger vehicle
This is a guide for all taxi and commercial passenger vehicle (CPV) drivers in the Northern Territory (NT), including how to get an H endorsement to drive, where to get training and industry information.
- Fatigue management for transport operations
How NT transport operators can implement fatigue management to meet occupational, health and safety standards.
- Fit and proper assessment and disqualifying offences
You will have to undergo a fit and proper assessment to drive or operate a taxi or commercial passenger vehicle in the NT.
- Taxi areas, meters and fares
Find out about your rights and obligations for hiring a taxi in the NT. Information on taxi tariffs.
- Operating a CPV for people with a disability
Rules for multi-purpose taxi wheelchair space allocation and braille labels on taxis and minibuses.
- Operating or owning a commercial passenger vehicle
This guide has information about the three mandatory requirements you need to operate a taxi or commercial passenger vehicle in the NT, as well as code of conduct, multiple hire, number plates, taxi areas and fares.
- Vehicle standards for CPVs
Guides to vehicle maintenance standards and the transport industry, including information about the assessment of taxis and how to become an approved taxi and minibus security camera system supplier.
- Types of commercial passenger vehicles
Definitions of types of commercial passenger vehicles that can operate in the NT.
- Taxi ballots
Eligibility, how to apply and timing of Darwin and Alice Springs taxi licence ballots.
- Vehicle information bulletins and forms
Vehicle information bulletins and forms for use in the Northern Territory.
How to become a rideshare driver in the Northern Territory.
- Per trip levy on commercial passenger vehicles
Find out the per trip levy on commercial passenger vehicles.
- Funding for remote passenger transport services
Funding for passenger transport services in remote areas, including information on how to apply.
- Transport industry fees
Information on taxi and commercial passenger vehicle fees.
- Use a public bus stop or interchange for private transport services
How to apply to use public bus stops and interchanges if you are a private transport operator in the Northern Territory.