Aviation and airports
The Northern Territory Government is responsible for developing aviation policy, supporting the development of domestic and international air service routes, and off-airport land use planning in the Northern Territory (NT).
The NT government also provides funding support for 70 regional and remote aerodromes throughout the Territory.
The Australian Government is responsible for all of the following:
- air safety
- aviation carrier liability
- bilateral air services agreements
- publicly owned airports that are leased to private operators
- on-airport planning of leased airports
- building and environmental clearances
- financial assistance for remote air services and aerodromes.
To find out more go to the Australian Government's Aviation website.
To read more about NT aviation policy and development go to the Department of Transport website.
NT Airport websites
The following list contains website links for NT airports:
- Darwin Airport
- Alice Springs Airport
- Katherine Airport
- Gove Airport
- Tennant Creek Airport
- Groote Eylandt Airport.
If you would like further information about a remote aerodrome, contact the department on (08) 8924 7010.
Flying and the Patient Assistance Travel Scheme
Find out more about the Patient Assistance Travel Scheme.
Last updated: 28 November 2017