Apply for permit to work within a government managed road
If you're a developer who is planning any development work that will impact a Northern Territory Government (NT) managed road, you must apply for a permit first.
If you're unsure if your development is on an NT Government managed road, check roads managed by the NT Government.
Before you apply
You should read the development guidelines .
It outlines the process you must follow when applying for a permit, including the:
- development application process
- developer responsibilities
- works acceptance process
- definition of terms.
Your application will be assessed depending on the development type.
For major developments, read the major developments approval process flowchart .
For minor developments, read the minor developments approval process flowchart .
Minor developments include:
- a single access point for your residential property onto an NT Government road
- a single storm water connection into the NT Government storm water collection system.
How to apply
To apply, follow these steps:
Step 1. Fill in the relevant forms in the guidelines and must also:
- make sure your forms follow the technical references for professionals.
- refer your consultants and contractors to these references for information on accepted standards.
Step 2. Submit your forms by emailing email@example.com.
After you apply
If you get a permit, you must contact the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics before you start your development.
The department can help you through the process.
Last updated: 14 July 2021
Share this page:URL copied!