Replace your driver licence if lost, stolen or damaged

Changes to NT driver licences and photo ID cards

From November 2020, Northern Territory (NT) driver licences and all other photo ID cards issued by the Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) will change.

Read about these changes.

If your licence is lost, stolen or damaged, you can get a replacement licence.

You will have to pay a licence replacement fee and you may need to show evidence of identity.

To request a replacement licence, choose any of the below options.


You can request a replacement licence by calling 1300 654 628.

You can request a replacement licence by emailing

You must include your:

  • full name
  • date of birth
  • residential address
  • contact phone number.

You can request a replacement licence by mailing to:

Motor Vehicle Registry
GPO Box 530
Darwin NT 0801

You can request a replacement licence at a local participating Australia Post Office.

Before you go, find out what MVR transactions at your post office you can do.

You can also visit your local MVR office.

Last updated: 15 October 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.