Volunteers at Royal Darwin Hospital
Royal Darwin Hospital is supported by volunteers who work alongside hospital staff to provide support to patients and their families.
Volunteers are local community members who provide services such as:
- welcoming visitors and providing directions, assistance and information at the Royal Darwin Hospital reception
- assisting patients, their families, friends and carers to find their way around the hospital
- assisting with activities that will help patients pass the time or make their stay in hospital more comfortable.
Volunteering at the hospital can be rewarding. As a volunteer you can:
- build friendships and networks
- increase your confidence and achieve self-satisfaction
- enjoy working in a friendly team
- develop your skills and knowledge
- be involved in decisions about programs and services
- feel appreciated by making a difference.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer and are able to commit at least four hours per fortnight, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 8922 6164 to find out more.
Volunteer opportunities will also become available at the Palmerston Regional Hospital.
Last updated: 06 February 2018