Volunteers at Royal Darwin and Palmerston Hospitals
Royal Darwin and Palmerston Hospital is supported by volunteers who work alongside hospital staff to provide support to patients and their families.
Volunteers are local community members who provide services such as:
- welcoming visitors and providing directions, assistance and information at hospital reception
- assisting patients, their families, friends and carers to find their way around the hospital
- assisting with activities that will help patients pass the time or make their stay in hospital more comfortable.
Volunteering at the hospital can be rewarding. As a volunteer you can:
- build friendships and networks
- increase your confidence and achieve self-satisfaction
- enjoy working in a friendly team
- develop your skills and knowledge
- be involved in decisions about programs and services
- feel appreciated by making a difference.
Before you become a volunteer
Volunteer opportunities are available at Royal Darwin Hospital and Palmerston Regional Hospital.
You must be able to commit at least four hours per fortnight.
Read more about volunteering:
How to apply
You must complete an expression of interest.
Email your application to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 28 October 2021
Share this page:URL copied!