Gove District Hospital
Services at Gove Hospital
The Gove District Hospital provides the following services:
- 24 hour accident and emergency care
- general surgical, medical and paediatric care
- two respite beds
- elective and emergency surgery
- maternity services, including caesareans
- visiting specialist services including opthalmology, orthopaedics, ear, nost and throat (ENT), plastics and general surgery.
- 24 hour medical imaging
- mortuary - post-mortems are not performed at the hospital
- cyclone shelter (stores building).
The hospital is supported by these services, located off site but some are nearby:
- Aerial Medical Services (Care-flight) who get patients from remote communities and can evacuate patients to Royal Darwin Hospital
- physiotherapy services
- social worker for inpatients
- mental health services
- alcohol and other drug services
- domiciliary care / community resource nurse
- Centre for Disease Control
- nutrition services available on site by prior arrangement
- adult guardianship - provided from Darwin
- audiologist - regular visits from Darwin
- family and community services
- aged and disability services
- dentistry - public and private
- domestic violence coordinator.
Last updated: 18 May 2016
Share this page:URL copied!