Review of pool safety barrier decisions
After your pool safety barrier has been inspected by a pool safety adviser, you will get a written report from the Swimming Pool Safety Authority within two weeks.
This report will include details of the inspection and provide you with advice on any works that may need to be done to bring your pool safety barrier up to standard so it can be certified.
If you are not happy with the advice or feel that some of the information is not correct you can:
- contact the Pool Fencing Unit and discuss your concerns with the pool safety adviser who did the inspection
- or contact the Swimming Pool Safety Authority on (08) 8999 8985 to have the report reconsidered.
Following reconsideration, the authority will make a decision on your pool safety barrier.
If you are not happy with the decision of the authority, you can apply within 28 days of receiving the decision for a formal review by the Swimming Pool Safety Review Committee.
How to apply for a formal review
You must follow these steps to apply for a formal review:
Step 1. Fill in the application for a review form
Step 2. Attach any further documents or details to support your request for a review.
Step 3. Send the form and the documents to:
Swimming Pool Safety Review Committee
Building Advisory Services
GPO Box 1680
Darwin NT 0801
The Review Committee can:
- confirm the decision of the Swimming Pool Safety Authority
- change parts of the decision of the Swimming Pool Safety Authority
- set aside the decision of the Swimming Pool Safety Authority and replace it with their own decision.
You will receive written notice of the Review Committee's decision and their reasons within 28 days of your review application being lodged.
Last updated: 14 March 2016
Share this page:URL copied!