Building control areas


Certain areas within the Northern Territory are declared building control areas.

To construct in a building control area, you must have a building permit and meet the standards for building in the National Construction Code and Building Regulations.

For more information, contact Building Advisory Services.

Check if you are in a building control area

To check if your land is in a building control area, go to the Building Control Areas system.

For a list of building control areas and maps of the areas, read requirements in building control areas.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 31 March 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.