Howard Springs Nature Park
Howard Springs Nature Park is a great place to enjoy wildlife including turtles, barramundi, file snakes and freshwater fish species.
You can cool off in a shallow series of man-made rock pools, let the kids enjoy the adventure playground and relax with a quiet picnic or barbeque.
You cannot swim in the spring-fed waterhole.
Phone: (08) 8983 1001
|Park sites||Access||Comments||Forecast opening|
|Howard Springs Nature Park||Open|
The ranger office carpark is being upgraded. There may be access disruptions and detours in place during this work. Please heed onsite signage.
The rock pools, waterfall, playground and eastern picnic area remain open and will not be affected by the upgrades.
|Rainforest Walk (Howard Creek Walk)||Open||NA|
|Springs walking track||Open||NA|
|East Picnic Area||Open||NA|
|Western Picnic Area||Open||NA|
All year round open daily from 7.30am to 7pm.
Howard Springs Nature Park is 27km south-east of Darwin.
Travel south on the Stuart Highway and turn east off the Highway onto Howard Springs Road.
Follow the signs from here.
Howard Springs Nature Park has all of the following facilities:
- information signs
- ranger station
- drinking water
- public toilets
- disability access
- picnic tables.
- put your rubbish in the bin or take it away with you
- stay on designated roads and tracks
- all cultural items and wildlife are protected
- pets are not permitted in the park
- nets, traps and firearms are not permitted
- be careful with fire and only light fires in the fireplaces provided
- no camping except in the Category C youth camp. Bookings are required and camping fees apply.
- no fishing
- check your vehicle is not transporting pests like weeds and cane toads.
You can have a safe and comfortable trip to Howard Springs Nature Park by doing all of the following:
- observe park safety signs
- swim only where recommended and watch for warning signs
- carry and drink plenty of water
- wear a shady hat, sunscreen and insect repellent
- wear suitable clothing and footwear
- carry a first aid kit
- avoid strenuous activity during the heat of the day
- beware of theft, lock vehicles and secure valuables.
Phone: 08 8983 1001
Last updated: 07 March 2019