Pig hunting permits for reserves

You must have a permit to hunt feral pigs in Darwin's two dedicated reserves.

These reserves are Shoal Bay reserve and Harrison Dam reserve and permits last for one or five years.

Feral pig hunting permits are for these reserves only and you must not hunt outside of these reserves.

Go to the map of Shoal Bay and Harrison Dam reserves (2.8 mb).


You must be 18 or over to apply for a permit to hunt feral pigs.

There are different rules for children and hunting permits.

You must also have a NT shooters licence.

For more information and to apply for a shooters licence go to the NT Police website.


Apply online at the Australian Government's Business website.

By email, mail, fax or in person

Follow the below steps.

Step 1. Fill in the application form.

Hunt pigs in a reserve (133.7 kb)

Hunt pigs in a reserve (179.7 kb)

Step 2. Pay the fee by including your credit details.

Step 3. Submit your form by email, fax, mail or in person to the Parks and Wildlife Commission Concessions and Permits section.

If you submit your permit application by mail or in person you can pay the fee by cheque or money order, payable to Receiver of Territory Monies.

A one-year permit costs $10 and is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.

A five-year permit costs $40 and is valid for five years from the date of issue.

Replacement cards cost $22.

Last updated: 11 March 2019


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.