Children hunting under adult supervision

Parents and guardians must get permission for children to go hunting in the Northern Territory (NT).

Your child must always be under the supervision of an adult while hunting.

Your child must be at least 12 years old and under 18 years old to allow them to go hunting with you or another adult.

They must be a nominee on an adult's hunting permit to go hunting.

How to add a child to a permit

Children must be nominated on a current hunting permit held by an adult.

There are two ways to add children to a permit – online or by filling in a form.

Apply online

Apply online at the Australian Government Department of Business website.

Other ways to apply

You can fill in the parent/guardian nomination form and send it to the Parks and Wildlife concessions and permits section.

Parent/legal guardian form PDF (133.8 KB)
Parent/legal guardian form DOCX (53.0 KB)

In person:
Jape Homemaker Village, Level 1 JHV2
356 Bagot Road, Millner

By post:
GPO Box 1448 
Darwin NT, 0801

Fax: 08 8999 4524 

Last updated: 26 August 2020

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!