Arrange health cover

If your child is applying for a subclass 500 student visa, they must have appropriate health cover.

This is called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

The Department of Education can arrange OSHC on behalf of international students with Allianz.

Alternatively, you can choose a different insurance company if it is best suited to your child's needs.

If you request the department to arrange OSHC for your child, you will need to pay for it when you accept the offer to study.

For more information, contact International Services.

Last updated: 12 June 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.