Pre-employment training program
If you are a training provider or industry association, you can apply for funding to deliver a pre-employment training project.
The pre-employment training program supports projects that give people practical skills to help them get a job, apprenticeship or traineeship.
Priority is given to programs that lead to employment in:
- occupations with skills shortages
- hard to fill occupations.
Who can apply
You can apply for pre-employment training funds if you are one of the following:
- a registered training organisation (RTO)
- an industry organisation
- a union.
What you can apply for
You can apply for funding to develop and run training activities that:
- encourage participants to continue vocational education and training
- develop skills for entry into a particular workforce or occupation.
You can't use pre-employment program funding for participant wages or capital equipment.
Before you apply
You must read the guidelines.
Applications are open all year until all funding is handed out.
How to apply
To apply or for more information, contact your nearest workforce training coordinator.
Last updated: 21 June 2022
Share this page:URL copied!